• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drunk and sleeping air traffic controllers

@mikey357 Glad we retired from that **** show. I saw it coming back in 2009 when Obama ordered the FAA to increase hiring based on race and gender instead of ability and knowledge. They’ve been lucky so far that ADSB, TCAS and AMASS has prevented aluminum showers but it's going to happen soon and the finger pointing will be hilarious.

https://news.yahoo.com/drunk-asleep-job-air-traffic-165654135.html

Sadly, this is not limited to just ATC but is a society-wide problem…. I’ve known of it in the cockpit as well, especially over the past 10+ years….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a great view up there. It was really cool when we had ground fog and the tower was up above fog. The B747‘s tails would stick up above the fog and they looked like shark fins when they taxied out. At night when the weather was clear and we were running triple arrivals (arriving on 3 runways and departing on 2) the final look like a string of Christmas lights.
It had a view for Shure .... while waiting on the engineers I sat with my legs hanging over the side watching the airport as a whole, waiting for another Delta airliner to come in on its pilots last flight before retirement. seen a few mishaps' that never made the evening New's ...........

Back
Top Bottom