• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drunk and sleeping air traffic controllers

I have drank with a few of Hartsfield's "finest" back in the day ......
back then they or I , never would have guessed I would help build the new tower ....

atlanta airport.jpg
this one?

It is not only controllers, but also tech ops, the technicians that maintain all of the equipment. We lost a lot of senior technicians due to the chinese flu shot mandate. I filed a religious exemption, but they ended the mandate before it was reviewed. Also, the new techs don't have the skills us old guys have. They know how to change out modules, not troubleshoot to the component level.

I have drank with a few of Hartsfield's "finest" back in the day ......
back then they or I , never would have guessed I would help build the new tower ....
I worked in ATL tower before I retired in 2012. Y’all did a good job and we had few if any building issues that I was aware of.

Ever wonder what the “special assignment” jobs were that the screw ups got “moved” to?
Most moved into RO (Regional Office) were they developed new procedures even though they couldn’t apply the previous ones. In other words, they dumbed it down to their level of incompetence.

I worked in ATL tower before I retired in 2012. Y’all did a good job and we had few if any building issues that I was aware of.
One of my favorite jobs to have worked on for sure..... I was; 'styling -n-profilin' at 410 ft it was the tallest control -tower in north America for about three months LOL I was told

One of my favorite jobs to have worked on for sure..... I was; 'styling -n-profilin' at 410 ft it was the tallest control -tower in north America for about three months LOL I was told
We had a great view up there. It was really cool when we had ground fog and the tower was up above fog. The B747‘s tails would stick up above the fog and they looked like shark fins when they taxied out. At night when the weather was clear and we were running triple arrivals (arriving on 3 runways and departing on 2) the final look like a string of Christmas lights.

Back
Top Bottom