• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dun ruint a perfectly good smith!!

On another note, I have a box of 223 tul ammo ill trade for a speed loader that will fit my model 60, pm me I'd any of y'all have such a beast!

Meat, you know I like the shiny Smiths. Fine looking Smith! I like the fact that you have made the gun your own and did not ruin anything. I believe it was Junior.357 that stated Flitz is just a polish. Heck, Junior.357 turned me on to Flitz. If you really want to make your stainless polished finish pop, try putting a coat of Reniassance Wax on it. Makes it easier to clean after the next trip to the range as well. Flitz works great on the cylinder face, and by applying Ren Wax to the face, clean up next time is easier. I prefer to wax my blued, nickel and stainless guns. I provides protection to the finish as well. Enough, great job. It looks great to me.

Meat, you know I like the shiny Smiths. Fine looking Smith! I like the fact that you have made the gun your own and did not ruin anything. I believe it was Junior.357 that stated Flitz is just a polish. Heck, Junior.357 turned me on to Flitz. If you really want to make your stainless polished finish pop, try putting a coat of Reniassance Wax on it. Makes it easier to clean after the next trip to the range as well. Flitz works great on the cylinder face, and by applying Ren Wax to the face, clean up next time is easier. I prefer to wax my blued, nickel and stainless guns. I provides protection to the finish as well. Enough, great job. It looks great to me.

Thanks Jerry!! If need be, I can bead blast and return to original, but I don't feel I've hurt the resale or collectability too much. Flitz wax didn't impress me much so ill check out reniassance wax. Put a dab of orange paint on the front sight for better visibility, but I love it

If you want some shiny speed loaders, look into 5starfirearms. They make billet ammo blocks and speed loaders! Look good on the night stand ;)

Thanks Jerry!! If need be, I can bead blast and return to original, but I don't feel I've hurt the resale or collectability too much. Flitz wax didn't impress me much so ill check out reniassance wax. Put a dab of orange paint on the front sight for better visibility, but I love it

Get ready for a heart attack when you see the price tag on Ren Wax...it's like $25 for a little jar of it. If you lived on the west side of ATL, I'd say come by and use a little of my Ren Wax on the gun and judge for yourself. The really cool part about Ren Wax is it is truly a museum wax - it's primarily used as a protective coating on both steel and wood in museums. If you put it on thin enough (I use a Q-tip), it dries almost instantly and a little bit goes a LONG way. And allowed to cure properly, it won't fingerprint.

Get ready for a heart attack when you see the price tag on Ren Wax...it's like $25 for a little jar of it. If you lived on the west side of ATL, I'd say come by and use a little of my Ren Wax on the gun and judge for yourself. The really cool part about Ren Wax is it is truly a museum wax - it's primarily used as a protective coating on both steel and wood in museums. If you put it on thin enough (I use a Q-tip), it dries almost instantly and a little bit goes a LONG way. And allowed to cure properly, it won't fingerprint.

17.39 with free shipping for prime members. I love the stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-W...id=1356930953&sr=8-1&keywords=renaissance+wax

Meatwad, you don't even have to blast it to return it to original finish. Ten minutes with a green scouring pad will have it looking good as new.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom