* Dynamic Pistol Class at Protective Measures with a Special Guest Instructor *

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
Intermediate Pistol training with Special Guest Instructor

Protective Measures will be providing a One-Day Intermediate Pistol Class Course with a Special Guest on Saturday September 7 2013.
Limited spaces are available so register A.S.A.P.

The Guest Instructor is a former C.I.A. officer and former operational member/team-leader of one of the most effective Special Missions Units in the U.S.
His experience working in semi and non-permissive environments under some of the toughest conditions imaginable give him a unique real world perspective on what works & what doesn't when the threats are real and are shooting back.
He has only recently joined the private sector and has partnered with Protective Measures to assist in providing some of the most solid firearms & tactics training available.

This training is not only a great value but will be a fantastic skill-builder for both Intermediate as well as Advanced shooters.
This is a special opportunity to be trained by two highly proficient Instructors in a very personable atmosphere.

For those able to secure a spot, come prepared to work hard & have fun.

Last edited:
2 spots taken w/ 2 more spoken for pending approval from their "commanding officer".

There is a tremendous amount of content in this class.

Prerequisites are as follows:

Must have a GWL or be willing to submit to a background check. No felons,
"tangos", or "gangsta's" need apply.

Need to have taken & passed at least a Basic Defensive pistol class somewhere or have received competent instruction through L.E., Military, or Armed Security channels.

Have a good mastery of the Basic Fundamentals of running your pistol as well as having all related gear "sorted out".
No one wants to be "that guy" who's ear pro falls apart, ammo spills onto the ground, holster falls off his belt, gun will not fire more than one shot w/out being cycled manually, ammo is a different caliber than their pistol.... etc, etc.

I/ We have seen all of this & more in Basic classes but prefer not to see it in this one.

It is not necessary to be a champion pistol shooter but it is not fair to the rest of the class to have to continually do remedial drills due to a total lack of knowledge of the basics of running a pistol.

This is a class for serious students who are wanting to either acquire greater skill or to sharpen the skills they already have.

So far the vast majority of the students who have attended it (several are members of this forum) have come back & taken it again.

PM with any questions.

Last edited:
What exactly did he do in the CIA? All of the CIA guys that I've known were glorified paper pushers that didn't even carry guns ....

This fellow was on the operations side, not the administrative side.
The military unit he was in is one of the most highly trained Spec. Op. forces under JSOC's command.

I would not risk my reputation associating myself or my company with a "poser" or even a "pencilpusher"

Unlike many other individuals, firearms training is not my "hobby" or second job.... it is what I do full-time to provide for my family & I take it very serious.

Last edited:
All spots taken. By request, we are working on offering this class again.
A date has not been set but so far we have 4 spots spoken for & 6 available if this class is available once more.

Wow... probably the best Intermediate class we've ever had.

Instead of being 8 hrs. it wound up being almost 11 & hardly anyone wanted to stop.

The day ended with a course of fire running to & from 7 different stations shooting at both metal & paper targets, shooting from cover using a variety of different shooting positions, executing multiple reloads while our Guest Instructor pushed them both mentally & physically to see how well everyone could perform under stress.
Then, the last shot of the day was a precision shot competition (for $20 & bragging rights) won by an ex-Marine & current L.E.O. from a neighboring county.

Thanks to all of the guys who came out to train with us.
We appreciate your adherence to safe gunhandling practices and being squared away, both w/ your gear & your mindset.

And thanks to our Guest Instructor for his professionalism, hard work & help teaching this class.

Look for upcoming classes, including F.O.F... in the near future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom