* Dynamic Pistol Class at Protective Measures with a Special Guest Instructor *

It has taken me a few days to do the mental mind dump needed to process all that went on in this course. This was the Best and most challenging Defensive Pistol course I have taken...not from a physical standpoint but from a mental and stress standpoint....While it is impossible to duplicate the stress and intensity of a critical situation this course certainly created more stress on the shooter than I am used too...

^^^^^ is a GOOD thing.....I was tested, pushed, corrected, and given some invaluable insight, advice, and most importantly, some experience of what it would be like when things go bad.

I have to commend Monte (Protective Measures) on the previous training that he has given me. The solid fundamentals and tactics that he stresses provided a great foundation upon which I could build on. Without that experience I would have been lost in this class.

Huge props to our guest instructor.....not sure what protocol is here.....suffice it to say he was a true "high speed, low drag" kinda guy but really worked will with the class and had an awesome approach with ZERO attitude (for the most part)....He was a wealth of knowledge and experience and was open in sharing them with us in a very useful.

As a guy that has NO LEO or MILITARY background I can, at times, get lost in the "tactical jargon".......as in I don't speak the language....both Monte and "guest instructor" did a great job of speaking plainly to the dumb guy....me......and I asked questions......as did many in the class....

As Monte stated, it was an 11hr class.....by the end....none of us wanted to leave......we were all already in the dog house so we all just shot some MORE!

I'm there next time too......
shane

Shane is by no means the "dumb guy". He is in the top 5% of any shooter we have trained with & has won multiple pistol matches in this region in the last couple of years.

Shane is by no means the "dumb guy". He is in the top 5% of any shooter we have trained with & has won multiple pistol matches in this region in the last couple of years.

Its a pretty small pond I shoot out of but thanks for the kudos…really have enjoyed these classes! I'm in for everyone I can shoe horn into my schedule!!
shane

Back
Top Bottom