• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EAA Windicator 4in 357 Magnum

MilitantFarmer

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
19   0
Reaction score
I originally bought the gun as a workhorse to use and abuse, saving the Colt Trooper from the wear and tear of EDC. I can honestly say I have not been disappointed. Don't let the low cost and lesser known name fool you. My EAA Windicator has been something I have trusted my life with for about a year now and do not plan on retiring it anytime soon. It ain't pretty, but it puts out.

The trigger is fair. In single action as with most revolvers, it is light and extremely accurate. The double action trigger pull is of course a little more challenging but still manageable. I habitually hit metal silhouette targets at 50 yards in SA, 25 yards in DA. It is as accurate as I am. I did not experience any difficulties with the black on black sights. Rear sight is adjustable.

The small rubber grip is very comfortable and ergonomic. With 38 loads and mild 357s its very pleasant, but the shooter will definitely notice hotter loads. A larger aftermarket grip would certainly mitigate the excess recoil. The weight of the gun is well balanced with an aluminum barrel shroud. The steel frame, cylinder, and barrel give it enough weight to absorb most recoil. The original finish is most certainly below any Colt, Smith, or Ruger. The factory finish wore pretty quick for me, and I had to get the gun cerakoted.

I have yet to have a malfunction with the operations of the gun. After 700+ rounds of everything from Fiocchii, Remington, PPU, Aguila, and many handloads the gun has delivered without incident. Even dirty, leading handloads didn't slow down the gun. Rifling is still in excellent shape as the day it was bought. For the money, you can't beat it.

I have owned one of these in the past. I agree with all you say. But I sold it off at some point in life, while raising kids and later, found I could afford S&W pretty regularly. But if you are on a tight budget, or want a gun for rough and tumble, it is a good choice. Nice write up MilitantFarmer.

Back
Top Bottom