Ears Plugs or the lack there of

hseII

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I forgot how loud my stubby .357 SP101 was.
I remember now-
I always, always, always use plugs but today there was a varmint at the farm and I didn't have time to put plugs in.

WOW!!, and somebody please answer that phone that's ringing

Yep... I've been at the range a time or two before and didn't realize I took off my ears until after the first shot.

If there are some other people around it helps me remember because I have a 'check list' to call the range hot... just me, well, I'm forgetful (or careless, take your pick).

My bulk pack of disposable ear plugs have an NRR of 33 db. Just for fun, I checked Midway for earmuffs that also had NRR of 33 db. They were 290 bucks. There was only one pair. Everything else was less than 33 db reduction.

I'll stick with my ear plugs.

I'm normally the guy preaching about hearing protection-
Says the guy 3 hrs after he shoots and his ears are still ringing

Everyone, Please Use Protection- the risk is not worth the probable results :)

My bulk pack of disposable ear plugs have an NRR of 33 db. Just for fun, I checked Midway for earmuffs that also had NRR of 33 db. They were 290 bucks. There was only one pair. Everything else was less than 33 db reduction.

I'll stick with my ear plugs.

Peltor makes NRR 30 muffs for under $30 (I think). The problem is they're huge. I also have a set of NRR 23 muffs that are more comfortable, but there's a noticeable difference in noise reduction.

The custom molded plugs look good, I might try those out. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom