Eastman Gun Show this weekend in Marietta

Good Lord. Went this morning and there was a couple hundred people lined up waiting to get in. Didn't even bother going in. A couple guys that had already gone in said it was a let down and prices were insane. Then a guy offered to sell me a lower with just a trigger group for $600, and said for an extra $50 he wouldn't look at my ID... Not sure if he was serious, but I left an Eastman gun show disappointed as usual.

No one should even set foot in an Eastman show. They kick out dealers that sell at reasonable prices so that they can fix the prices and have all dealers charge a premium on everything. Gun shows used to be good about 15 years ago. Now they are only a place for gun newbie's to get ripped off.

Gun sales is high and government getting a big cut. You think they would ban such an income? ;p

Waited in line for about 45 minutes to get in the gun show. Wanted to check pricing and get an idea how bad it has gotten. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most things were very reasonable..Hardly any AR's left. I saw several people carrying them out while I waited in line. Ammo prices were very reasonable. Went over to the Georgia Arms tables and their ammo prices were the same as always. Saw one guy selling no name 20 round AR mags for $40, but he was an exception because I saw another guy selling 20 round Colt AR mags for $25, off brand mags were $20. A couple of dealers were over priced but overall the prices were the same as always. When I first walked in I saw a Russian SKS in pretty decent condition for $400...When I was leaving it was still there. I could not believe it. Maybe I am no expert but I thought $400 was a very good price on a Russian SKS. Especially right now.

I bought 250 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 for about $80. There was not much 7.62x39 ammo left, but there was some. No stripper clips to be found anywhere. I was disappointed. That was really the only thing I was looking for. Of course I should have known better at a gun show.

Overall the gun show was a let down, and the crowd was ridiculous. It was hard to move in there. I'm not a fan of gun shows at all but my curiosity was killing me to check out the prices on ammo and certain rifles and handguns. Besides it was only 20 minutes from my house. To most of the dealers' credit I gotta say I could not have been more pleased with what I saw as far as prices were concerned. I am sure some others can share their stories if they have them. Some may have had worse encounters, and some may have had better. I was only looking for certain items and when I finally made it through, I got the hell out of there as quickly as I could. Anyway, thats how it went for me. Typically you can find some better deals on sunday so tomorrow could be better.

Good Lord. Went this morning and there was a couple hundred people lined up waiting to get in. Didn't even bother going in. A couple guys that had already gone in said it was a let down and prices were insane. Then a guy offered to sell me a lower with just a trigger group for $600, and said for an extra $50 he wouldn't look at my ID... Not sure if he was serious, but I left an Eastman gun show disappointed as usual.

Haha what a douche

You should have said "You do know I am an ATF agent".

You should have informed the cops, Its idiots like that guy who will cause private sales to be banned/restricted in the future.

I think it's insane that everyone is hiking up their prices because of what happened in Connecticut. We the people and the NRA will not allow a ban on AR's. Isn't the government suppose to work for us and not the other way around?

In the same manner that we the people and the NRA stopped the last AWB ??

Im 99% sure that it will be back, tougher, and with no sunset provision. Pelosi would love to do nationally what she did in Cali.

Back
Top Bottom