EBAY warning

Actually you can sneak by on CL. I sold a Mauser on there, listed as ammo pouch, then tell it is for an 8mm mauser. "Also have Mauser for sale, email for details".

I feel for Ebay on this one, they are located Cali and don't want the issue of where stuff can and can't be shipped.

Except there were 7 other Identical stocks listed. I put it on Craigslist and sold it in 1 day. Didn't want to post on ODT since I bought it from an unsuspecting person for $20 and they are members here although it was on CL when I bought it-along with the Para SKS.

You would think that they wouldn't care as long as they made their money. A disclaimer such as what we have that says it is your responsibility to abide by local, state, and federal laws would take care of their fear of liability.
I don't think liability, or complying with federal laws has anything to do with their policy.

I listed a Promag 10rd magazine and I got the same email saying "Pmags are not allowed. Pmags are only made for assault rifles". !!? I'm like wth its a promag not Pmag.

Ebay is a big company with hundreds of thousands of listings. It is hard for them to police themselves and rely on their customers to do it for them most of the time. I have found that is usually another seller that would be turning in the offending auction, that is why their ads stay up. Way back when I was selling alot ( not gun related) on ebay this stated happening to me until I strted reporting every single item like mine that was not dropped. Soon enough I was able to put up my auctions without a hassle, guess I hit the guy that was doing it. I just went through the same thing on Craigslist with camera equipment. My ads got dropped, I went and found the guy that had the exact same item up and reported his listings as spam, problem stopped. LOL.

I had the same thing happen to me on e-bay trying to sell (4) Glock 19 15 round factory mags. I will put them up on here soon or just keep them.If anyone has an interest in any or all of them PM me with an offer.

Back
Top Bottom