• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric powder scales question

C ountry

Default rank <1500 posts
Old but still Bold, CSA Blood
1   0
Reaction score
Ok, after over 50 years of using plain old scales, Lyman , I have gotten interested in the new scales that automatically weigh out the powder. So I'm asking. Are they able to handle all powder types and how fast can they weigh out an accurate charge? And do they have a minimum and or a maximum limit. What kind do you recommend? I'm getting blind and shaky hands but don't want to give up yet. Thanks guys

Charge master 1500 I believe or the next level up. it’ll cost you around $800 but it will throw +/- .03grains if I’m remembering correctly
No need to trickle

I use the RCBS Chargemaster mentioned above. It's way better than I thought. I verified the accuracy on 2 different scales. I only use it for hunting loads and long distance loads. Not on my volume rounds. So to answer your question it meters all the powders I use but some of the longer cut stuff takes longer to trickle. It has a function where it will start dispensing the next charge when you put the cup back on the scale. So as I'm setting the bullet on one it is pouring the next. I love mine for what its worth.

RCBS Matchmaster 800.00 +
RCBS 1500 Charge master around 300.00
RCBS Charge master Lite. a little over 200.00. if you watch sales and rebates

The Matchmaster and 1500 can be reprogrammed to speed up drop time. the Lite can't.

Back
Top Bottom