• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electrician in Marietta

richs

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
We have some dead outlets in the basement that my wife wants fixed, the guy she got an estimate from wants way too much. We have no idea where they are "suppose" to get power from and either need to trace the lines back or run new power to them. The hassle is the walls and ceiling are drywall finished.
Any help is appreciated.

If you know which breaker there on have you tried turning them off and opening them up?

Could be a stab lock on one just pulled loose.

Have you checked to see if any breakers are tripped?

Are there any GFCIs in the basement? Have you checked them to see if they are tripped?

If you do not know which breaker the receptacles are on, try resetting all of your single pole breakers. If the receptacles in question still are not powered up, put a volt meter between ground and the output of each breaker and check for voltage (115v-130v range). I have run into several instances where a breaker was on, with no 120v output over the years. If you find one with no output, replace it. Else you may have to "tone" it out and may be surprised where it is actually connected.

It's not a breaker, I've checked them all. The outlets in question should be in the same circuit as the others in the room. Each of the dead ones have only one wire connected, and I thought they were in series.

Back
Top Bottom