• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enclosed trailer

twowheelz

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
looking for an enclosed trailer with ramp door to hall landscaping gear . Single or tandem axel , 6x12 or 7x14 preferred.
Thanks

‭1 (800) 270-6264‬

Southern Trailer Depot

I paid $4,200 for my 8x16 tandem axle with upgrades and 7ft tall ceilings

When i was shopping,people wanted brand new prices for used stuff and the smaller trailers were more expensive than the bigger ones lol.

Plus,lights tires axles leaks needs repairs etc etc al adds up

‭1 (800) 270-6264‬

Southern Trailer Depot

I paid $4,200 for my 8x16 tandem axle with upgrades and 7ft tall ceilings

When i was shopping,people wanted brand new prices for used stuff and the smaller trailers were more expensive than the bigger ones lol.

Plus,lights tires axles leaks needs repairs etc etc al adds up
Truth, used trailers are priced like ODT Glocks

Thanks for all the replies. I may just do new . Was hoping there was a reasonably priced used one floating around.
Probably you’re best bet, that’s what I had to do. The ole “ they don’t build em’ like eh use to” crowd wanted too much for their worn out junk.
They certainly don’t build em like they use to, now they are lighter, stronger, and cheaper but I digress.
If you do buy used factor in new tires and servicing the axles at minimum, guaranteed the seller has never done it. Good luck

And careful with the weight ratings

You hook almost any trailer to a 3/4 ton pickup and presto , you’re now a commercial vehicle
Subject to being busted by the PSC/DOT cops

I think the trigger is having a name or company logo on the truck or trailer but not sure

And he’s right about a used trailer. It will need tires and bearings for sure

Probabaly has a bent axle too
I’ve seen people haul a F350 on a tandem axle landscaping trailer
Bent the frame and axles , they still wanted $1800 for it

And careful with the weight ratings

You hook almost any trailer to a 3/4 ton pickup and presto , you’re now a commercial vehicle
Subject to being busted by the PSC/DOT cops

I think the trigger is having a name or company logo on the truck or trailer but not sure

Must be name/company logo / name on it.....?
I run a 1 ton dually w/trailer - either tractor on it, or skid/mini ex and never harassed. (just say personal use)

Back
Top Bottom