Enfield No.4 experience

The 303 #4 is a lot of fun to shoot. Had several over the years. The last one I had was a sporterized (means most of the wood was missing) with a new barrel that I paid $100.00 for. Made it into a scout type. Cut the barrel to 20 inches and added a scope mount from a Contender. Put on a pistol scope. Replaced front sight with one off a Marlin Camp 9 rifle. Rear sight was a flip type so cut off one leaf so could fold down out of the way. Found a synthetic stock set with a recoil pad for 35.00 on sale.

This made for a great scout for not too much money. Ten shot magazine that can be reloaded quickly with clips. The action is one of the fastest with rear lockup giving a very short throw. Would easily shoot into 1.5 inches with good ammo. Everyone that shot it really liked it. I wouldnt have done it to an original but this one was a parts gun.

I also had some #1 rifles but my eyes today cant see the open type sights.

Good bullets are available for handloading. Also makes a good cast bullet rifle.

I say go for it and have fun.

Flam - did I see you were getting a Savage? Nice rifle! :D

Okay guys, we have got to get together and shoot these things!

Yep! I picked up the one Scout had for sale....might I say, he's a super honest dude too! The rifle was actually better than described. He definitely gave a modest assessment of it! But yeah, we should all try to get together sometime and have a C&R fest.

Back
Top Bottom