• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP 1911 Lottery Round 4

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
CMP just announced round 4 of 1911 purchases but now if you were in round 1 or 2 you can now purchase a 2nd 1911.
Good news from them.

Link to site: https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/

image_2023-09-01_085438938.png

Man....

I can't believe these guns are going for anywhere near this cash.

A service grade 1911 of that vintage is certainly no prize in my book.

I'm not saying that they don't have character and such, but they are not by any means worth a grand or more. I recommend folks take a trip to the CMP and see some of these in person before they shell out this kind of cash.

My Garand cost me $425. That was a great deal in the early 2000s. A $1200 CMP 1911 is nowhere near the quality or value my Garand was. Lots of character, sure.... But a grand worth? Not to me.

A service grade equivalent 1911 would cost you $400 or less at a pawn shop. They are generally not tight, nor well maintained.

Man....

I can't believe these guns are going for anywhere near this cash.

A service grade 1911 of that vintage is certainly no prize in my book.

I'm not saying that they don't have character and such, but they are not by any means worth a grand or more. I recommend folks take a trip to the CMP and see some of these in person before they shell out this kind of cash.

My Garand cost me $425. That was a great deal in the early 2000s. A $1200 CMP 1911 is nowhere near the quality or value my Garand was. Lots of character, sure.... But a grand worth? Not to me.

A service grade equivalent 1911 would cost you $400 or less at a pawn shop. They are generally not tight, nor well maintained.
Check Gunbroker for current USGI 1911s. Under $1,000 ones are long gone.

BTW CMP1911 is a separate organization, I don't think you can walk in and see them.

Here is my Lottery 1 Field Grade

Kevi's Ithaca (2).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (3).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (4).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (5).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (1).jpg

Maybe the CMP ran them through a rebuild.

The last standard issue 1911 I held in my hands (@1987) was a bucket of clapped out parts in loose formation

That one you got looks sweet! Definitely worth the price

The last standard issue 1911 I held in my hands (@1987) was a bucket of clapped out parts in loose formation

I think I shot the same gun a few years earlier...did it rattle like a maracas🪇 ?

I think I shot the same gun a few years earlier...did it rattle like a maracas🪇 ?

I didn’t actually shoot it, but it was just trash.

I remember sticking my finger in the barrel to test the tightness of that bushing. I seriously thought someone had put a 9mm barrel in it somehow.

The thing was looser than Kamala Harris’s naughty parts

Same with slide and everything else.

This thing was 100% junk.

IIRC, the reason they brought the guns to our HS JROTC class was that we could compare to the new Berettas (which didn’t impress me much either, but at least they weren’t rattle cans.)

That service 1911 reminded me of the proverbial Pistol in a Coffee Can. It just didn’t have the coffee can

I think they came from several sources.

I got one out of war stocks back during Desert Storm in 1991 deploying from Ft. Benning to a unit that all had Berettas.

CMP got them from the US Military some from war stocks that may or may not have gone through rearsenal but most probably from unit arms rooms.

Back
Top Bottom