• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Esee Izzy II--pics and review..

shaneadams90

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
I have always loved knives and blades…since I was a kid (I'm 42) I have been collecting knives and guns and have always been fascinated by the forms and uses…

I have collected Case, Hen & Rooster, and any number of other knives but lately I have turned my attention to knives that are more specific to self defense or a more utilitarian purpose…

I usually carry a Kershaw Leek in my pocket for general use and a Tops Felony stop Kerambit at 11 O'clock as a purposeful defensive weapon. Well I loaned that out to a buddy a while back so he could try it out and thought I would take this time to carry an Esee Izzy II in the same position just to see how comfortable and useful it was…

As it turns out……VERY! On all counts…the knife is a great size, smaller blade but with a full handle….which I found a bit slick so I hand filed some grooves in the handle…it is VERY SHARP from the factory and I ordered it with the Clip so I could wear it IWB….so far I am VERY pleased..and I have a several other Esee blades and have never been disappointed…

Izzy II and hand filed grooves in the handle..
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Tops Felony Stop..
image.jpg

One of these days I'm going to pick up a EDC fixed blade. I'm hoping that klarks pass around knife will eventually make it too me so I have a chance to try one for a couple weeks.

One of these days I'm going to pick up a EDC fixed blade. I'm hoping that klarks pass around knife will eventually make it too me so I have a chance to try one for a couple weeks.

I have Klarktx DPX Hest right now…..as well as the DPX HEST Milspec I just got in…The HEST is a really nice size, reminds me of my Esee3…but for an EDC I think the Izula II would suit my purposes better….Once I get my Felony Stop back I will go back to it though, although I can see the Izula working it way into the rotation for sure..

photo.jpg

Good job on the handles.

Thanks&#8230;that was my first try&#8230;.30 minutes, a rat tail file, and the willingness to take said file to your new knife&#8230;.all in all..I like it..

I am going to clean them up a bit&#8230;thinking on doing some file work on the spine of the blade and add some more thumb jimping as well&#8230;then etch the blade and strip it&#8230;.(I have been on the Esee forum in the DIY section&#8230;..not good!)

I'd like to do my Ontario Ranger, but I be skeert!!

Honestly, it was pretty easy&#8230;.I started each new section with a few slow, deliberate draw strokes to "seat" the file in a groove and then once it was seated I worked the angle and checked my progress frequently. I alternated from one side to the other so the handles are a mirror more or less&#8230;.it really wasn't that bad and I figured if I screwed them up I would just buy some of the g10 scales anyway&#8230;

I am VERY pleased with the look AND the purchase (grip) I get on them now&#8230;they were a little slick before but now I get a great grip.

Back
Top Bottom