• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Esee Izzy II--pics and review..

I thought about it long and hard…actually took them off….looked at them….looked at my vise…put them BACK ON….stared at the vise some more….decided that it would be easier to file them ON THE KNIFE and in the vise….so I padded my vise with an old bicycle inner tube….and then went to work..

I started on the edge, up near the hilt, drawing down on the corner until I got a notch cut in and then used it as a guide and tilted the file back down to run it across the scale. It really wasn't bad at all….I used a small file…..If I had a V file close at hand I would have started with it to cut the notch a little easier and more precise.

Ontario is nice. Got a RAT 3.

The HEST is my next purchase.

I like the HEST that I have in my possession for the knife pass around…Its very similar to an Esee 3 …..

The DPX HEFT Milspec is nice and another very cool knife but for less money I would buy an Esee 4 all day long over the HEFT and the SHEATH is garbage with the DPX..

My wife loves her Izula, and the extra 1/2" handle length makes the Izula II perfect for men.
I carry my Iz-II as a neck knife with a ferrocium rod tucked under some extra paracord.

FYI-if you use paracord as a lanyard, remove the inner strands to reduce it's break-point.
20131103_230554.jpg

20131103_230633.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom