• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Estimate Value of this Mosin please

'SA' mark does not necessarily indicate capture..that marking didn't come along until 1942 and is an ownership mark.
However, looking at the pic again, I may be incorrect about the German mark.

Yes, you are correct. It was either captured by the Finns during WW2 or purchased from Germany during WW2. Since it is a 1927 model we can rule out anything from WW1. But who knows the original stock was most likely damaged and had to be replaced. The Finns kept any and all spare parts that were usable. Some of the stock may have came from a old M91 from WW1 and they finger spliced it to a new forearm. The Finns were like they Indians, they used the whole buffalo

One of the old imports sold by Roses and others. The import mark may be very light at the muzzle. The older imports had a very small 2 line import mark. Counterbored ? receiver date? $3-350 or so.

Well after throughly pouring over the rifle after removing the stock I can say without a doubt that there are no import markings. Thanks all for your thoughts and opinions on this piece of history. I will include these tidbits in the binder I'm creating for all my weapons. As for counter bore how far down would the counter go? My M44 Is like over an inch and bore is noticeably larger than my other 91/30. This one looks as if may be for about quarter inch.

Back
Top Bottom