• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ETS (Elite Tactical Systems) Glock magazine torture test and review

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
255   0
Reaction score
Well, I tried and tried to break this magazine, but could not do it.
I picked up the ETS Glock 17 magazine on Saturday and decided to torture test it.
Well this magazine impressed me.

First I ran a few magazines of cheap steel 9mm through it just to ensure it functioned correctly out of the box.

Then the abuse began. I threw it up in the air and let it land on loose rocks and dirt. I slammed it on cement. I stomped on it while in the mud. I submerged it in water. At various times in between some of these actions, I would load it and fire off a few rounds.

One of my stomps forced the follower to pop up in a way that prevented it from being loaded (see the last picture, the close up below to see the follower in this position). A quick disassembly and reassembly fixed this issue.

Several range instructors were shaking their heads and laughing at all the abuse I was putting on this brand new magazine. One of them asked if he could join in and forced it, follower first, into some good old Georgia red clay. That was the end of the testing, as even with disassembly and a wash off, there was too much clay in there. It would not allow the follower to move. With that said, I don't know of any magazine that could stand up to being gunked up with red clay without a thorough cleaning.

This magazine certainly held up to the hard abuse that I had planned. It cost me $16.99 at the store, but there may be much better deals online or at your own local store. Either way, it costs less than a standard new Glock magazine at MOST places and it is clear enough to see all of your rounds and all, so some may consider that an advantage.

I listed this same (for the most part) review on my instagram feed under instagram user name georgiasilverbullet

DSC_2475.JPG
DSC_2485.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2496.JPG
    DSC_2496.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_2497.JPG
    DSC_2497.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
These two ETS 31 round mags came with a SUB-2000 I recently picked up.
I used them a few times, and they functioned flawlessly.
I keep them in my G17s, and run Glock 33 round G18 mags in my SUB-2000
IMG_4852.JPG IMG_4853.JPG
IMG_4854.JPG IMG_4855.JPG

Back
Top Bottom