• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs for sale......going back to gas

Let the market decide what to build and buy, without the federal government being so involved. The feds are trying to make manufacturers build them and force consumers to buy them. It just isn't working.....

Guess if the wrong people remain in charge, who knows what new regulations we'll see in 4 or 8 more years.

Let the market decide what to build and buy, without the federal government being so involved. The feds are trying to make manufacturers build them and force consumers to buy them. It just isn't working.....

Guess if the wrong people remain in charge, who knows what new regulations we'll see in 4 or 8 more years.

Just look at what these nimrods have done to the damn 1 gallon gas can in this country.

lol I mean I’m all for gas cars over electric but to cut it some slack the prius is probly one of the few exceptions of a hybrid being a great car. Plus the newer model Prius look loads better than the old ones.
View attachment 6728448
Hybrids, especially Toyota hybrids make a lot more sense for the masses than any EV ever will.

I don't like the mandates and other interference with the free market. I hope the push gets us to better, less costly battery and car technology so we have some viable short trip substitutes. Since most of my driving is less than 80 miles a day charging time isn't an issue and with our friends at Colonial pipeline not maintaining their pipes and various weather or manmade gas shortages, a cheap electric car alternative as a supplementary vehicle is something I'd like to have.

It's not really surprising. People mistreat rental cars, and many people only rented them so they could feel acceleration rates that can't be matched with any other rental, and not many other cars, period. Most customers are only in a rental for a few days; stopping to charge the car isn't what your typical rental car customer wants to do, and many of them won't have an account for charging them. It's not like your average car rental customer could charge the car at home, like a vehicle owner could.

And then the rental agency makes a KILLING on people who don't fill up the IC car; this is a huge loss for them, I'll bet. Plus too many people were probably bring the cars back on electronic "fumes" that then take hours to recharge, so they can't rent them to someone else. A rental car parking lot would basically need to have a charger in every parking space to deal with the people that bring them back with dead batteries.

As someone else said, electric cars could work for many of us, but with current technology it doesn't work for rental car companies.

Back
Top Bottom