• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excellent Pistol Class

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience taking a class by Ironclad. It's called a progressive class, and I'd say it is at the intermediate level and beyond (basic pistol course from somewhere is a prerequisite). It was located in Cumming and started with a brief classroom portion. The owner/instructor is Rob Williams. Class size is generally 3 to 4 students, but due to personal circumstances the other 2 students were not able to attend. Rob still went through with the class for my sake and did an excellent job reviewing the basics and was open to questions. After about an hour, we drove about 10 minutes to the private range. You'll want to bring water and lunch with you so you don't have to take a long break from shooting!

The range was nice and straightforward. There's even a doorway entry simulator which was pretty awesome. Rob will run you through a bunch of different drills and will get a handle on your skill level. He will expose your strengths and your weaknesses. This is what you need in your training in order to get better. After your limitations are exposed, Rob works with you to make corrections and is very patient with you. You will work your weaknesses but not to the point of frustration. Having never been on a timer, this was a great experience. As soon as the clock starts, if you're like me your brain turns to mush. Fortunately this simulates real life stress to a certain extent and you learn that muscle memory is key.

Shooting ranges from point blank close quarters to 25 yard run and gun. The door way entry simulator has steel targets. This was my first time shooting steel and it was FUN! I learned some hard lessons about clearing a room, but that's why I took the class.

I shot every bit of my 500 rounds and enjoyed every minute of it. Rob will let you work on whatever you tell him you need to work on. I recommend this class (progressive pistol) to anyone who is past the point of basics. You will learn real life self defense tactics from an experienced Army vet/leo/contractor/all around good guy. He implements the "keep it simple" method in all of his tactics, which I am a huge proponent of. His class is $275, which is a great deal for the skills that could one day save your life. Let him know you're from ODT, and he'll give you a discount. Remember, you may not get the one on one instruction that I got, but with a max class size of 4, you'll get excellent instruction from a pro!

http://www.ironcladft.com

+1 on this

Rob is a GREAT instructor!! I took his basic pistol class couple months ago and freakin loved it. I am about to email him to sign up for the course you just took.

The guy knows his stuff for sure. Very profesional and his private range rocks!! See ya soon Rob..... Spencer

Back
Top Bottom