• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Excuse my ignorance but need some help. AR pistol build

TacticalMountaineer

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
I have been working on a AR pistol build for some time now in honor of a family member. Obviously given the time period, I am rounding up parts as much as possible and working in education doesn't leave much money for parts either. However, I have an almost complete upper that I traded for. (Just need a charging handle) My plan was to remove the barrel and replace it with an AR pistol barrel I am trying to buy. So my question is this, I founds this DPMS barrel, http://www.dpmsinc.com/7-KITTY-KAT-BARREL_p_244.html , in stock locally. Would I be able to just simply put this barrel on my current upper and purchase the correct length gas tube or is there more to it I don't know about. Also is this a good price for an AR pistol barrel or should I just wait it out for others. I am also looking to sell or trade my current barrel but do not know how to price it correctly. Thanks for the info and help.

All ar15 parts for the most part are standardized. So you should be able to take off the old barrel and put the new one on. I would suggest getting a gun smith to do it for you. As far as the barrel goes I would suggest getting one that is chromed lined. But really you can probably call around to local gunsmiths and see if they will cut your current barrel for you. So you have a few options you can really go with. As far as pricing your current barrel what do you have?

Back
Top Bottom