Exhaust Wrap

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! you will blow the head pipe!!!

Really? Why would it do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Pain in the butt to do and a little time consuming if you do it right. The only pro is to keep your legs cooler. Con is its not very eye appealing. It never effected the performance of of mine.

Have you wrapped one before? I kinda dig the black wrap for a big ol' cruiser.

the wrap holds the heat in, and right at the head pipe is where its the hottest....it will eventually weaken the metal and blow out on you.........i've seen it happen more than once.

Yikes! I didn't realize it would hold that much heat in? I figured it would dissipate the heat as its breathable fiberglass wrap. Hummmm...

I used it on a 600 Ninja back in the day. But I also had stainless steel Muzzy headers with the ceramic coating applied by Jet-Hot.

Couldn't say what improvements the wrap made because I made so many changes at once. I used the wrap secured with safety wire.

Yikes! I didn't realize it would hold that much heat in? I figured it would dissipate the heat as its breathable fiberglass wrap. Hummmm...

It holds the heat in to give the gases a better flow through the exhaust in an essence freeing up the exhaust a little maybe. But I could see where it would cause problems down the line holding in all that heat.

Back
Top Bottom