• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAFO

Years ago in north forsyth county and guy went door to door trying to sell pictures of your property that he had photographed from an air plane. We told him not interested in them. He went to a house down the road and the homeowner cut him in half with a shotgun blast at the front door. He went to prison for murder. All because he was nuts thinking the guy was government or something. You never know in this day what will happen.

I actually did something similar once.. can’t remember what company they worked for.. maybe GOERGEE power but I seen em drive up and down my road stopping every so often , so I went and asked what did they think they was up to… I think they were contractors for GOERGEE power.. they let me know real quick everything was cool.. few wks later GOERGEE power was out here cutting trees back from the lines🤣
IN for videos of BDR1 beating guys up in the street :lol:

That guy was there on bank business. The bank does not want their employees or contractors getting into scraps. The photographer should have packed it up and reported his experience through his correspondence back to the bank, and the bank can take the next steps at their disposal. I used to repo cars in the early 90's and dealt with all kinds of people. I've been intimidated, chased down the road, over the road when towing, even though I went way out of my way to avoid it. The lenders simply did not want this happening on their behalf, and they have additional means to use.

Maybe in this situation the lender was a VC slum lord (that house looked well kept) that wanted results, and this was "the guy" to get it done. All probability he lost his contract to work with this lender.

That guy was there on bank business. The bank does not want their employees or contractors getting into scraps. The photographer should have packed it up and reported his experience through his correspondence back to the bank, and the bank can take the next steps at their disposal. I used to repo cars in the early 90's and dealt with all kinds of people. I've been intimidated, chased down the road, over the road when towing, even though I went way out of my way to avoid it. The lenders simply did not want this happening on their behalf, and they have additional means to use.

Maybe in this situation the lender was a VC slum lord (that house looked well kept) that wanted results, and this was "the guy" to get it done. All probability he lost his contract to work with this lender.
We can all argue the Do's and Don'ts and why was the guy there all day. But the biggest takeaway is, don't come out looking for trouble and not backing down when the guys asks multiple times to leave him alone and get out of his personal space. Fair enough warnings were given before the ass whooping commenced. Could have ended worse if somebody was armed. And I'm sure the guy filming probably got in trouble too, lost his job, etc over this altercation. Old guy started it, camera gun finished it.

We can all argue the Do's and Don'ts and why was the guy there all day. But the biggest takeaway is, don't come out looking for trouble and not backing down when the guys asks multiple times to leave him alone and get out of his personal space. Fair enough warnings were given before the ass whooping commenced. Could have ended worse if somebody was armed. And I'm sure the guy filming probably got in trouble too, lost his job, etc over this altercation. Old guy started it, camera gun finished it.
One small point. The older guy did not touch the photographer or use any bad language, yet he was assaulted physically. Am I missing something?

I've heard of "terroristic threatening" but this situation was a long way from that. If I was the "old guy" I would have the police and a lawyer on this situation, get a conviction for assault, and then sue the crap out of the photographer and the company that hired him.

By the way, the only "personal space" the photographer has is that which is above his own two feet, and I didn't see him get pushed away from that.

One small point. The older guy did not touch the photographer or use any bad language, yet he was assaulted physically. Am I missing something?

I've heard of "terroristic threatening" but this situation was a long way from that. If I was the "old guy" I would have the police and a lawyer on this situation, get a conviction for assault, and then sue the crap out of the photographer and the company that hired him.

By the way, the only "personal space" the photographer has is that which is above his own two feet, and I didn't see him get pushed away from that.
See I'm torn on that. If I have a guy confronting me, and he's continually coming towards me that puts me on high alert. Not sure any of us here would let somebody walk up on us like that, especially if they continued to do so after multiple verbal commands. I think I'm on the photographer's side. You get several verbal warnings, followed by a shove to get you away, and if you still insist on walking up on me you get the escalation. That's what I saw in the video. Doesn't matter if the guy wasn't using bad language or anything. To me it's a red flag if a person won't stand down. You never really know what somebody's mindset is or what they are capable of when they're right up on you like that and not backing away.

Having said that, I wouldn't doubt he the old guy could probably sue and win. But for me personally I'm not letting somebody continually get up on me like that after being asked to back away.

Back
Top Bottom