• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Farm fresh eggs for Jeddak

You are missing out. Fresh eggs are so much more flavorful than store bought. Among other issues, store bought eggs are, on average, 3-4 months old by the time they make it on the grocery shelf, so they have lost much of their flavor. Typically, they are not as rich flavored anyway because of the cheap feed and living conditions of factory chickens. Free range is really the way to go, but it's a pain in the butt finding all the eggs. Chickens will lay where ever they feel like it and actually try to hide their nests.
When we received our 4 Dozen we put them on the counter and left them there, as we used them...We did not wash any until used, fresh eggs unwashed have what is called a Bloom coating on them..It is a barrier to protect the eggs against bacteria..No need to refrigerate if you know they are fresh...We have less than 1 dozen left and love cooking with them..Their is not comparison..

I love fresh eggs, I grudgingly had to list our ducks for sale. I just can't keep up with the animals and kids by myself.

I love fresh eggs, I grudgingly had to list our ducks for sale. I just can't keep up with the animals and kids by myself.
I wish you were closer and I would have purchased them for my neighbor 1/4 mile away..Frances is her name, in her 80's lives in a block house maybe 800sq ft..She raises chickens for the eggs..I keep her supplied with feed, hay, gas for the winter and also have a buddy that worked the Forest park farmers market police..He was able to pick her up fresh bulk veggies..I would buy the jars, tops, vinegar and she would can them..She always gave me some, but it is all about helping her out..She lives on less than 600.00 a month Social Security. Her duck was the meal for a coon, so that was then end to my eggs..

Back
Top Bottom