• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Farm hunting permits

Shads

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Slack-jawwed Booger-eatin Redneck
64   0
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of hunting with a "farm permit"? Aka deer/hog/predator for a farm? I hear it is obtainable by the land owner and not the hunter, and you have to "let lay" the removed nuisance animal. I know the hog and yote rules. I am asking more about the rest. Thanks

If you are talking about a deprivation permit, then yes the farmer has to apply and prove crop damage. Also you are correct that you have to let them lay, at least for deer. For several years I killed deer for a tree farm and that was the rules then.

DNR regional office for their area. Back when I was helping the farmer out, they sent out a person to look at the type and amount of damage. Then they made an assessment on whether or not to grant a permit.

Also depending on the area the land is in. Tell the farmer to ask the county extension agent to come out and look at the damage before contacting the dnr. Ask the extension agent to write up a summary of what he recommends (hopefully a permit ) and then the farmer cam give a copy to dnr when they come to inspect.

Back
Top Bottom