• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite cigar/drink combo?

Sounds like we need a Cigar meet.

I usually opt for a Padron, 6 inch, medium ring, dark wrapper with a Dark and Stormy (Goslings and Ginger Beer)

Last edited:
I walked into a real big humidor today and felt kinda over whelmed. I bought a few Rocky Patels and a padilla to start off with. Things I've learned already:

You for sure have to have time to devote to smoking your cigar. Someone meatoned one called short stories in an earlier post and I saw some but didn't get one. I will next time. I had a RP summer collection 2009 today and it was more like getting a dip or chew than smoking a cig. Kinda harsh at first but got better as I smoked it.

Gotta have some cutters.

I walked into a real big humidor today and felt kinda over whelmed. I bought a few Rocky Patels and a padilla to start off with. Things I've learned already:

You for sure have to have time to devote to smoking your cigar. Someone meatoned one called short stories in an earlier post and I saw some but didn't get one. I will next time. I had a RP summer collection 2009 today and it was more like getting a dip or chew than smoking a cig. Kinda harsh at first but got better as I smoked it.

Gotta have some cutters.

I filed a clean 9mm case (interior) to an edge put it on a chain and used it as a punch for years. My favorite travel accessory pre- 9/11 :) I think 9mm is a common sized commercial punch; I always preferred a punch over a cutter back in my cigar days.

I filed a clean 9mm case (interior) to an edge put it on a chain and used it as a punch for years. My favorite travel accessory pre- 9/11 :) I think 9mm is a common sized commercial punch; I always preferred a punch over a cutter back in my cigar days.

Had to google it. Like it. Might try to make one. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom