• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fear of the stupid things

Macvan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
40   0
Reaction score
I've had a life long fear of needles..I don't mean I just don't like them I'm terrified by them .I've had cavities drilled with no Novacane duct taped up some big cuts when I should of had Stitches .I didn't have a shot from the time I got old enough to say no to about 45 years old and then it involved a Psychiatrist and heavy meds and even they stop working and i tried to kick the nurses and was fighting so im told have no memory of that event lol....I give blood today no meds for the second time in my life and it was a awful but I did it . I worked though this fear and I can now control it mostly....I dont have a fear of anything else.....who else has a stupid fear that has played havoc in your life....the Confessional is open

I've had reoccurring bad dreams/sometime nightmares about falling down never ending stairs into the abyss since child hood. No idea what that's all about. :confused:
Does that count?

So here's a weird one. I'm afraid of needles and having my blood drawn. I get all anxious and clammy like I'm about to pass out. I have to sit down and can't look at it. But I've got a lot of tattoos. Different kind of needle, don't actually see your blood.

Also, a crippling fear of heights. Up to a certain extent. Being up on an ladder to get on my roof is fine. But I get shaky knees if I'm on a 10th floor balcony looking down.

So here's a weird one. I'm afraid of needles and having my blood drawn. I get all anxious and clammy like I'm about to pass out. I have to sit down and can't look at it. But I've got a lot of tattoos. Different kind of needle, don't actually see your blood.

Also, a crippling fear of heights. Up to a certain extent. Being up on an ladder to get on my roof is fine. But I get shaky knees if I'm on a 10th floor balcony looking down.
no tattoos for me a needle is a needle it probably saved me from a lot of bad tattoos when I was young..

So here's a weird one. I'm afraid of needles and having my blood drawn. I get all anxious and clammy like I'm about to pass out. I have to sit down and can't look at it.

I'm the same way. When I lived up north and needed to have blood drawn, I would go to the same person every time. I used to call and make sure she would be there. I called her "Painless". When she was transferred to the hospital the clinic was run by, I would go there, again calling to make sure she was working. Fortunately when I found a Dr. here, they had their own blood draw in the office and I had a good experience with the first person that took it. I'm sure she was extra careful when I turned away from the stick shaking and tightened up, and I'll go to her again when I need it done. I know I'm not the easiest to find a vein, and I almost drown myself drinking water the day before so as not to be dehydrated. I've also insisted on the machine they have for finding veins the last time I was admitted to the hospital. They tend to use students to do that and they can experiment on someone else.

I never knew I had a fear of being buried alive/claustrophobia until they crammed me in a MRI machine. I made it all of 45sec and had nightmares for 2 weeks after. Craziest irrational experience of my life.

Back
Top Bottom