• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Federal Appeals court rules on the Fourth Amendment and open carry of guns

I'm glad to see he's trying to hit em in their pocketbook. I just hate reading liberal media. It's almost comical when they try to write stories about firearm related issues.

Reactions: MRH
The LEO are hopefully just poorly trained and ignorant in this instance. The police department was actually attempting to press the charge of "causing panic" on "legal" open firearm carrier Shawn Northrup!

Clearly the only individual worthy of that crime was the passing motorcyclist Mr. Alan Rose as defined by Ohio law. If they don't push this jack hole to be charged, arrested and jailed then a great injustice has been done to "Public Safety". Bung holes like Mr. Rose have ended the lives of innocent men due false 911 calls. I see it as dereliction of duty.

Mothers Who Demand/Every Town for "Gun Safety" are promoting this. They are encouraging mindless, anti-rights, pacifist/defeatist lemming followers to call 911 whenever they see a civilian with a holstered gun doing nothing more than buying bread and milk in a grocery store etc.

This is the same as yelling fire in a crowded theater or claiming a lawful legal firearm carrier or a home/firearms owner "threatened" them when it never occurred. Good people get killed over this bull crap and it needs to stop. The idiots doing it need to be arrested and jailed for truly creating a potentially deadly risk to public safety.

Read paragraph (1):

The police had also initially suggested that Northrup was guilty of the Ohio crime of “causing panic,” but the court pointed out this wasn’t so (at least under Northrup’s version of the facts). Indeed, the Ohio “causing panic” statute provides,

No person shall cause the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:

(1) Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;

(2) Threatening to commit any offense of violence;

(3) Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

Last edited:
As a Georgia LEO, our department required us to take a two our course over the new Georgia Carry Laws.

Really good information there. I can get handouts for those interested, or post the handouts. (If its legal, but I think it is.)

Subscribed for handouts....hope big brother lets us see them

Ok problem is I took the course back in January and it won't let me access the course for another year. This is so I don't "cook the books" on my training hours.

My bad.

Back
Top Bottom