• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FedEx and UPS new hazmat delivery rules?

Had a package thru USPS say that no one was home and would try again tomorrow. I was here and I checked my security cam and saw the lady blow right by my mailbox and house. It was raining. Next day, the package was dropped off on front door step and they never knocked, apparently I didn't need to be here for the package to be delivered, but the rain did have to stop.

Rosewood
Our mail delivery person will come up the driveway if we have a package, but will NOT get out of her vehicle. She will blow her horn, and if I don't come out within a minute or so, she leaves .

A few years ago, I paid about $50 to have FedEx deliver a very important document to me from CA overnight. Of course, it didn't make it. It came the following day. When I requested a refund of my overnight fee, I was told that there is guarantee of overnight arriving on time if delivery is delayed due to weather. The rep claimed that there were violent storms at the hub in Memphis that delayed the flight. Thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet, it is very easy to check weather history for anywhere in the country these days. As expected, during the entire 24 hour period in question, Memphis received 2 tenths of an inch of rain. FedEx simply lies to avoid honoring their guarantee.

I don't buy ammo from sellers that require a signature - Atlantic Firearms comes to mind. No thanks...

It's just an extra hassle trying to be home Tuesday between 10am to 3pm or trying to get it rerouted to a store where I can stop after work.

I'll sign to show it was delivered, but they don't need all my info in their system ---- that will later be hacked. :(

Learned the hard way. You pay extra for "signature required" through USPS, but somehow post person has option to deliver it without one somehow.

BTW, I don't understand this UPS to USPS handoff. Just for package, tracked to local UPS depot, next day USPS delivers. Added a day to delivery, and the UPS truck was around the neighborhood. Big ass box too, know my USPS guy appreciated getting it.

UPS is not any better sometimes. Last Christmas, my grandkids presents were supposed to be delivered here. When I got the delivered notice, it was for an address the next county over. I went to the address and found a vacant, burned out block building. I got a UPS supervisor from the local hub on the phone, and she actually called the driver to find out what happened. Packages showed up the next day. Go figure.....
I can't believe you ruined that UPS driver's kids' Chri'muff by investigating where your packages went.

A few years ago, I paid about $50 to have FedEx deliver a very important document to me from CA overnight. Of course, it didn't make it. It came the following day. When I requested a refund of my overnight fee, I was told that there is guarantee of overnight arriving on time if delivery is delayed due to weather. The rep claimed that there were violent storms at the hub in Memphis that delayed the flight. Thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet, it is very easy to check weather history for anywhere in the country these days. As expected, during the entire 24 hour period in question, Memphis received 2 tenths of an inch of rain. FedEx simply lies to avoid honoring their guarantee.
Reminds me of flying from SFO to ONT in the 2000's. I'd be waiting on Friday afternoons at the airport in Ontario, CA and United would continually delay or cancel the flights to SFO, "due to weather in San Francisco."

I'd call my GF in the office (our offices were on floors 25 and 26 of First Market Tower) and ask her to go to the South side of the building and look at the airport and tell me what she saw for rain, cloud cover, fog, etc. 100% of the time she told me that the weather was clear.

United was having major contract disputes with the pilots' union at the time and suffered daily "sick outs." The lying sacks of shyte would never admit it though, instead always claiming "weather" as the reason they could not honor their contract since it was the only thing that allowed them to cancel or reschedule your flight with impunity.

****. I had a rifle back to the manufacturer for warranty work...got mailed back to me FedEx...adult signature required.

got text notification that package was delivered and signed for by me...

So there was a rifle on my porch for about an hour...sigh.
just ran in to this. they left a paper on the door one day, next left the gun n the front porch

Reminds me of flying from SFO to ONT in the 2000's. I'd be waiting on Friday afternoons at the airport in Ontario, CA and United would continually delay or cancel the flights to SFO, "due to weather in San Francisco."

I'd call my GF in the office (our offices were on floors 25 and 26 of First Market Tower) and ask her to go to the South side of the building and look at the airport and tell me what she saw for rain, cloud cover, fog, etc. 100% of the time she told me that the weather was clear.

United was having major contract disputes with the pilots' union at the time and suffered daily "sick outs." The lying sacks of shyte would never admit it though, instead always claiming "weather" as the reason they could not honor their contract since it was the only thing that allowed them to cancel or reschedule your flight with impunity.
Not surprised at all. I avoid United (and Newark) like the plague!

Back
Top Bottom