• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FFL transfers in FoCo

What is it with everyone obsessing about $20 or so for a transfer ? Last time I asked a business owner to ply his trade for nothing they, quite rightly, laughed in my face.

I thought it was only liberals who wanted everything for free.
Didn't want it for free. I asked for shops and costs.

Lol but talk about it in the op, ok :rolleyes:
It was mentioned in the OP strictly so folks wouldn't recommend them... since they are in Forsyth county. I wanted OTHER shops to deal with.

i thought you were supposed to either tip or purchase an accessory or ammo when doing a weapons transfer from an FFL. especially when its a free transfer or you didnt buy the gun from them or give them a chance to price match. seems like a common sense courtesy.

i thought you were supposed to either tip or purchase an accessory or ammo when doing a weapons transfer from an FFL. especially when its a free transfer or you didnt buy the gun from them or give them a chance to price match. seems like a common sense courtesy.
shhhhhh meme.gif

Supposed to? I don't think so.

That's kinda like saying I'm going to give you something on ODT giveaway day... but only if you also buy something from me.

Is it nice to do? Of course. But it shouldn't be expected or required. Otherwise, why bother to offer something for free?

The whole point of a free transfer is to keep people coming to your shop. Not to demand they buy something.

That's like saying if you come in to browse, you're expected to buy something. After all.. they had to pay someone to greet you. They had to pay to have the lights on. They had to pay rent and front money to have inventory.

It's a ridiculous notion.

So. Again I'll ask.

Are there any other recommended FFL's in the FoCo area for $20 or less transfers?

Bullseye Marksman in Cumming is $25 for the first and $15 for each additional on the same 4473. At least they were the last time I used them.

Quote:
"So. Again I'll ask.

Are there any other recommended FFL's in the FoCo area for $20 or less transfers?"

------------

No.

There's your answer. (I think).

P.S. Back in the middle 1980s when I was ordering guns from ads un THE SHOTGUN NEWS from places like

Southern Ohio Gun distributors,
J&G Sales, and
Birmingham Pistol Wholesale,
the going rate for FFL transfers was $25 for a transfer, or 10% of the gun's price.

A few dealers would only charge $10 or 15 bucks, and I found one who would do it for $10. That was back in 1984.

Today, with inflation, you should happily pay $15 per transfer from Forsyth Gun & Pawn. Even if you don't like the conditions of the free transfers for ODT members, just go ahead and pay fifteen bux.

Stefan at TRUE Strategic is located in the Windermere area of S. Cumming.
This is what he offers, among other things:
ODT MEMBER Special: This summer I'm also doing customer ordered firearms (under $1000) @ dealer cost, just add shipping ($15), my transfer fee ($20/$15 w/GCL) and sales tax. (CCs add 3.5%) Email or PM me for quotes and availability. Also feel free to come by and take a look at our distributor specials and let us find some good values for you.

Man I completely agree with your stance on the pawn shop. Never had intentions of using them since it's so far from me. But I read the whole thread when he aquried the store and the new stuff as it went down. Dude said free transfers. 5 is not uncommon. Back before obummer you could get 5 lowers for 120 bux from brownells. And I agree with those saying buy something from him. But if he doesn't say that up front it's bait and switch. Either way I think it's dumb they charge per item when you can do 3 at a time and it doesn't cost a dime more to add the numbers. Had a guy tell me hed cut me a deal 30 for the first and 25 for each one after that. I know lgs need to make money but why screw a guy on transfers?

Hopefully you can find a local guy that don't mind you filling out the paperwork and him keeping on file for a small fee....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom