Finally got to mess around with some 2011's today

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
Today I had to go down to Dothan and see some family, but I knew there was a nice shop down that way because ive been in there once before. I figured since I would be there anyway's I would stop by and shoot some of the newer bow's. I went in and noticed he was selling all of his 2011 Elite bow's for $650 and only had two left on the rack a Hunter and a Pulse. He said they were no longer going to be an Elite dealer, but he took the time to rig them both up and let me shoot. I really would'nt classify either bow as "smooth" but they were'nt at all harsh. They both had even tension all the way back and felt really good on the shot. Both were maxed out with 70lb limbs, the Pulse was sitting at 72lbs and the Hunter was coming in hot at 74lbs. I put probably 10-15 shot's through each bow and they shot really nice. Of course both had the best finish you'll find in on any bow (both in AT edition Max-1.)

I also shot the Pearson Legend, and Bowtech Invasion. Both of these were very nice also. The Invasion was the smoothest to me, but also had 60lb limbs maxed out. I was very very suprised when I drew the Invasion. I thought my D340 was nice to draw, but it was way better. I would have thought I was shooting 45-50 lbs. I drew the Diamond Dead Eye at the dealer's request (I had no intrest in it) and this thing had the WORST draw ive ever felt on a bow. It was set at 65lbs and felt like every bit of it untile about an inch before it drop's into the valley and during that inch it feel's like your pulling 85lbs then drop's off quick. You could'nt pay me to shoot that bow!

All in all I had a good day checking out some of the new bow's and getting some hand's on time with them.

Back
Top Bottom