• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally used some Wolf primers, and………

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
304   0
Reaction score
Mixed review. I was priming a bunch of 223 with my trusty old Lee hand primer that I’ve been using for 40 years. The cups seem to be copper with somewhat thick walls. Walls are also a bit soft so especially at first one portion of the cup rim would catch and the primer wouldn’t seat evenly. Had to grab my Frankford deprimer to pop out bad seats. In the first 100 attempted, about half a dozen were damaged and had to be tossed.

I got better at feeling the catches and adjusting the case as I went on though. All in all though, CCIs were consistently easier to seat. Haven’t tried any of the Ginex yet. What have you all experienced?

Mixed review. I was priming a bunch of 223 with my trusty old Lee hand primer that I’ve been using for 40 years. The cups seem to be copper with somewhat thick walls. Walls are also a bit soft so especially at first one portion of the cup rim would catch and the primer wouldn’t seat evenly. Had to grab my Frankford deprimer to pop out bad seats. In the first 100 attempted, about half a dozen were damaged and had to be tossed.

I got better at feeling the catches and adjusting the case as I went on though. All in all though, CCIs were consistently easier to seat. Haven’t tried any of the Ginex yet. What have you all experienced?
what version of their SRP did you use? the ones for semi auto i've had good luck with.

These

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 4
Wolf/Tula Small Rifle SR #KVB-223 - soft, sensitive copper cup, not recommended for AR15/military rifle use or high pressure rounds.
Wolf/Tula Small Rifle Magnum SRM - hard, less sensitive brass cup intended for AR15/military rifle and high pressure rounds - #KVВ-5,56M.
Wolf/Tula Small Rifle 223 SR223 - #KVB-223M "This is the newest primer available in the Wolf line. It is ever so slightly hotter than the small rifle magnum primer and it comes with a brass colored thick cup. This primer can be used in place of the SRM primer or used when a different powder is used that is hard to ignite."

the kvb-223 are soft. not sure if that is what you are using.

I have used 5000 Small Rifle Wolf Primers (copper colored) for a long time in 5.56/223, 9mm and 357 without issue. Currently I am out of them.

I did have issues with the Wolf Small Pistol primers-used up 5000 of them years ago. I had a high rate of failure to fire (about 3%) in 9mm and 40S&W. At the time, I was shooting a lot of USPSA and Steel Plate matches.

I use Wolf Large Pistol in 45,10mm, 30-30, 35Rem, and 375Winchester-they work great for pistols and lightly loaded lever action calibers. No issues.

Back
Top Bottom