• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm Sales Career

Man, I've always wanted to go to this show. I keep saying "I'll go next year haha". Guess I'll have to put it on the books for 2020.
That kind of stuff is how you make the connections that may evolve into something more later. Get yourself in front of as many people as possible. If you're not a total asshat, one of them may like you.

Man, I've always wanted to go to this show. I keep saying "I'll go next year haha". Guess I'll have to put it on the books for 2020.
Not to be a downer, BUT...the shot show is not really the place to look for a job, even if it is just trying to meet some folks. Millions of dollars in deals are being made there. If you are not a player in the industry then folks just don't have time to deal with you there. It's nothing personal, just business. NOT the format for job shopping. I will repeat if I must....
If you send me your resume in a PM I will keep my radar open for folks that are actually looking to hire sales reps's in the general industry.

Not to be a downer, BUT...the shot show is not really the place to look for a job, even if it is just trying to meet some folks. Millions of dollars in deals are being made there. If you are not a player in the industry then folks just don't have time to deal with you there. It's nothing personal, just business. NOT the format for job shopping. I will repeat if I must....
If you send me your resume in a PM I will keep my radar open for folks that are actually looking to hire sales reps's in the general industry.

I agree. Also, it's tough to get in if you're not a dealer/distributor/etc. Thanks so much for the offer. Resume inbound!

Make a list of companies you're interested in. Stalk websites and sign up for notifications of job postings. NSSF job site is a good compiler. Get started somewhere, but beware of brand quality as it is associated against your experience. Big companies like Remington, Sig, etc are often spring boards for many people.

Be willing to move for the job you want.

Mil/LE experience isn't required for most jobs, everyone is still running a business at the end of the day. Mil/LE sales or training it could be important but I know far more people without that experience than with it.

The pay isn't as good as other industries.

You don't get to play with guns as much as you think.

Events tend to be on weekends versus during the week to fit consumer schedules, so beware of that.

Did someone recommend going to shot show to job hunt? I must have missed that.

Back
Top Bottom