• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First Hog, First bow kill, First WMA kill!!

CMartis

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Pine Log Hog.PNG

I was deer hunting, had about 2 minutes of legal shooting light left. I had been sitting in the stand for about 4 hours and had not seen a thing. I tied my rope to my crossbow because it was almost time to climb down. I started hearing something in the distance so I turned on my red dot scope and switched off the safety. This sow and about 20 piglets came running in and stopped right in front of me. I took a shot and she ran off about 20 yards and flopped around in the creek for a minute. Several other hogs started coming in but I was sure I got a good shot on her. I found her in the creek. Bolt went through the top right shoulder and pierced the lower side of her left shoulder. Dressed her and dragged her out for about 45 minutes. It was not easy lol. Took her to the processor and I can't wait to go pick her up!

Last edited:
Okay, Story. I was deer hunting, had about 2 minutes of legal shooting light left. I had been sitting in the stand for about 4 hours and had not seen a thing. I tied my rope to my crossbow because it was almost time to climb down. I started hearing something in the distance so I turned on my red dot scope and switched off the safety. This sow and about 20 piglets came running in and stopped right in front of me. I took a shot and she ran off about 20 yards and flopped around in the creek for a minute. Several other hogs started coming in but I was sure I got a good shot on her. I found her in the creek. Bolt went through the top right shoulder and pierced the lower side of her left shoulder. Dressed her and dragged her out for about 45 minutes. It was not easy lol. Took her to the processor and I can't wait to go pick her up!

Back
Top Bottom