• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog trap

mfoster

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
86   0
Reaction score
Set it up today gonna let them get use to it a few days before we let it down—-reviews are good I talked to a couple that have them and they really satisfied
Pig- brig
9F24C29E-C5E2-4720-A232-567DD89BE19E.jpeg

Set it up today gonna let them get use to it a few days before we let it down—-reviews are good I talked to a couple that have them and they really satisfied
Pig- brigView attachment 7057358
i don’t know what that is that you have but you sure better have it secured because that is one crazy strong animal send me the link to what this actually is?

I have looked at lots of videos (a hundred?) dealing with hog trapping and eradication. This looks like a really good system that addresses some of the basic problems with trapping. Typical traps have a door that either falls or is spring loaded to close, and one got-away could repopulate an area.

The simplest trap will have the pig bump a trigger that drops the door. A larger design will usually incorporate at least one or two spring loaded gates that establish a one way system for pigs to enter and hopefully not get out.

If you watch the videos with spring loaded gates. What usually happens it is possible for a pig to work his way out as another is coming into the trap. I saw one outfit that would set up a series of panels that would all drop simultaneously when triggered remotely. Cameras, night vision, remote activation, yada yada, yada, very expensive, and a one shot deal. Ooops missed one that could repopulate the area.
This is elegant in its simplicity. Bait the area and get the pigs used to going under the net, and the rest in history.

I have looked at lots of videos (a hundred?) dealing with hog trapping and eradication. This looks like a really good system that addresses some of the basic problems with trapping. Typical traps have a door that either falls or is spring loaded to close, and one got-away could repopulate an area.

The simplest trap will have the pig bump a trigger that drops the door. A larger design will usually incorporate at least one or two spring loaded gates that establish a one way system for pigs to enter and hopefully not get out.

If you watch the videos with spring loaded gates. What usually happens it is possible for a pig to work his way out as another is coming into the trap. I saw one outfit that would set up a series of panels that would all drop simultaneously when triggered remotely. Cameras, night vision, remote activation, yada yada, yada, very expensive, and a one shot deal. Ooops missed one that could repopulate the area.
This is elegant in its simplicity. Bait the area and get the pigs used to going under the net, and the rest in history.
just put it in a area already being baited!

Thankfully haven’t had a pig problem YET. Only have seen one and a 7x57 round took the fight right out of it. This trap looks promising though and will keep it in mind if porky pig starts showing up on camera.

Back
Top Bottom