• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time I've ever spent more than $25

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
I've never paid more than $25 for a knife until this one. I just picked this up from Backwoods in the "Dave the Minion" auction. I plan on using the hell out of it just like I would a $25 knife (except for using it as a screw driver). Anyone have one of these?

Benchmade Barrage 581.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_03_y6anaguv.jpg

I carry an 810 contego with the Osborne blade. It's nice. Benchmade handles warranties and sharpening quickly too. I rotate between it and a mini griptillian that I've beat on for 4 years now. No issue with the griptillian.

Enjoy bro! That thing is a purdy knife that you can beat up! Flips open like a dream! That M391 steel is good stuff! Glad it got to ya! :cool: I've had great experience w/ benchmade customer service! They'll send you free pocket clips, etc.

I carry a mini barrage alot of the time!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_03_ynaqyte7.jpg

Last edited:
I love how quick it opens. I like the blade but kinda wish it were serrated at the base for cutting rope.

Just remember that knives are for cutting and it should last you a good long time. Don't use knives like my brothers. Or my father.

Good looking knife. Never been a fan of benchmades (I don't like the lock) but they are nice well built knives and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

I used to spend good money on knives. Well, $40.00 to about $60.00. But since 2010 I've lost 3 Gerbers and one SOG. So the last one I bought was a $12.99 Monarch spring assisted opening at Academy. My only gripe is that it's getting loose at the pivot point.
Vernon, the guy I'm trying to help sell old cars gave me a Boker switchblade. It was expensive new. But it was bulky and my Monarch opens quicker. So I gave the Boker to my son. Vernon has so many old knives he can't remember exactly what he has.

Back
Top Bottom