• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First wet tumble batch

tas6691

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
291   0
Reaction score
So you guys convinced me wet tumble was the way to go versus Sonic cleaning. Got the stuff last week and finished my first batch today. Some 45 Colt that’s been in a bin for several years.

Not bad to me. What do y’all think
1794cef96874d8babb0d2abe59b26ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The inside of the cases are not as clean as the ones I tumble using Dawn and Lemi shine.
LOL!
You must get a kickback from Lemi Shine!!
I gotta look for that stuff. I have never seen it down here to be honest.
I got the RCBS liquid and added a squirt of Dawn. Not bad for my first try though.

Seems like the tumbler needs to be pretty full too. I finished up my 257 Roberts brass with about a half full tumbler. Didnt do as good as a full tumbler.

So you guys convinced me wet tumble was the way to go versus Sonic cleaning. Got the stuff last week and finished my first batch today. Some 45 Colt that’s been in a bin for several years.

Not bad to me. What do y’all think
1794cef96874d8babb0d2abe59b26ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not to good,send it to me and i will take care of it for you.lol

Careful with the lemishine. It ate a lot of my brass. Was in well water Ajax dish soap and lemishine for 15 minutes. About 50 cases now show copper finish instead of brass. The two on the right are clean brass for comparison.IMG_20210213_223124.jpg

Careful with the lemishine. It ate a lot of my brass. Was in well water Ajax dish soap and lemishine for 15 minutes. About 50 cases now show copper finish instead of brass. The two on the right are clean brass for comparison.View attachment 3105865

How much are you using? I use around 1/2 a 9mm case or maybe even less to a batch. I’ve found using less chemicals is better when wet tumbling

I use a little dawn and a splash of jetdry with some warm water and my cases come out looking good!

this has basically been my go to since day one. The only time I had an issue is when I decided to wet tumble well over 3 hours.... started it up and went to church and then lunch... came back to brown brass hahaha

Back
Top Bottom