• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing has slowed down (for me anyway!)

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Date: 10/10/2013

Water Temp: 74

Weather: Partly Cloudy, Chilly in the morning and warm when I left

Went out by my self this morning to Allatoona. Saw a lot of fish but they didn't seem to like what I was selling. Got 9 in the boat and I'm pretty sure I would have had a few more if I was fishing with another person or two. Most of what I caught was in the 30-40 ft range in 40-80 ft of water.

Bait was bigger than it has been in the last few weeks, at least for me. I dropped the biggest threadfin shad that I've gotten all year down on a mini-school of fish and immediately hooked up with a dink white bass, maybe 2 lbs at the most.

I took some screenshots from my lowrance since I just learned how to do that, and also tested out my new camera mount for taking pictures by myself.

I'm going to try and go back out tomorrow but may end up giving Lanier a try, haven't been up there in quite some time and I'm getting a little tired of not catching anything with any size to it on Allatoona. I wish they would get everything figured out up in DC so we can get Carter's re-opened.

PA090015.jpg

shot 119.png

shot 127.png

"I wish they would get everything figured out up in DC so we can get Carter's re-opened." Wait!!!What???

All corps of engineers ramps are closed and all the ramps on Carter's are corps ramps.
Those dirty bastards. I paid for a season pass I expect to be able to use it the entire season. What a load of crap. Thanks for letting me know though. I would have been pissed if I drove the boat out there only to find the lake is closed.

You put NINE in the boat yet feel like they weren't liking what you were selling? Huh? That would be a record for me! ;) Good job.
How are you going to get in Lanier with the ramps closed? The ramp on the north end at the rowing center is not a corps ramp but no idea if it's really open or not.

You put NINE in the boat yet feel like they weren't liking what you were selling? Huh? That would be a record for me! ;) Good job.
How are you going to get in Lanier with the ramps closed? The ramp on the north end at the rowing center is not a corps ramp but no idea if it's really open or not.

The Big Creek ramp is also open and I believe Shoal Creek is still open on Lanier. My customers have been having a great few weeks fishing. Even had one that brought in a few Walleye. One was over 5lbs!

Compared to how the last few trips have gone this was a bad day :D Out of my last 5 or so trips the worst day was 21 by myself.

The Big Creek ramp is also open and I believe Shoal Creek is still open on Lanier. My customers have been having a great few weeks fishing. Even had one that brought in a few Walleye. One was over 5lbs!

Thanks! I was just about to start looking into which ones might be open.

For crying out loud.... tell me when you are coming to Lanier and where. I'm going to follow you around... with binoculars. ;)

I haven't been on Lanier in a while (like a few years) so if I go up there my expectations will be much lower to start with :D

Back
Top Bottom