• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Fixed, thanks!" Double feed on slide rack Glock 45 g5

Twiztid

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
Hey guys... never really had this issue before.

Glock 45 gen 5 9mm, with Hornady critical defense rounds.

On initial rack with a fully loaded magazine, I got what I think is a double feed, where the first round did not completely seat due to a 2nd round coming up higher than it should have. Any ideas what could cause this? It's new ammo, new mags, with a gun that's been properly maintained and had about 200 rounds through it.

First noticed it when my dogs started going nuts so I grabbed it from the nightstand and racked the slide, holstered it and headed outside to see what the fuss was. Did not even notice that it did not fully close until I was putting it back away.

It took a lot of wiggling and me pushing down on the top round in the magazine and while pulling the bullet from the barrel for me to get it back correctly. Next round seated fine.

*Edit: when I went to unload the gun, the gun would not let go of the back of the 2nd round. I had to pull it back about twice before it finally cleared the chamber... wth*

*Edit 2: next round seated fine, dropped the mag and the round at the top of the mag was already halfway forward*
96305fb661e57076d0d39c7dce00f2e1.jpg
cc686256b23a313fec4b89b6263b6ac1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
1163db9cf09301ced133b8fc0e73b340.jpg

When you rack the slide, are you pulling it back and releasing it, or riding it forward with your hand?

Try this: lock the slide to the rear, insert a magazine, hit the slide release to chamber a round, making sure you don’t touch the slide. See if it makes a difference.

When you rack the slide, are you pulling it back and releasing it, or riding it forward with your hand?

Try this: lock the slide to the rear, insert a magazine, hit the slide release to chamber a round, making sure you don’t touch the slide. See if it makes a difference.
So what you're saying is I'm being too delicate with her.... that was indeed the problem. I'll leave this post up because I own when I make mistakes... even though I've never had this issue before in 15 years of shooting... wow.

TLDR: DONT RIDE THE SLIDE!

Thanks cmshoot cmshoot !

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
7f25ba1043dd7010ea42d179f9c3388e.jpg
6ca092043d0185070d8fa089ea139bf4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom