Fixing to have a pull down project.

Talos

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Hew many foe-men.
66   0
Reaction score
Well, been reloading for about 5 years and I should have listened. Only reload a few at a time when developing a load. 3.5 grains of bullesye under a 115 grain 9mm doesn't cycle at all in my 17L. It cycles in my Sub 2K but I can tell by how dirty the case is that it is underpowered. Now I got to pull about 180ish rounds. After some research online I think I'll start at 4 grains, but only make about 10 this time just to make sure they cycle. I'm also gonna start on some casting as well.

Well, been reloading for about 5 years and I should have listened. Only reload a few at a time when developing a load. 3.5 grains of bullesye under a 115 grain 9mm doesn't cycle at all in my 17L. It cycles in my Sub 2K but I can tell by how dirty the case is that it is underpowered. Now I got to pull about 180ish rounds. After some research online I think I'll start at 4 grains, but only make about 10 this time just to make sure they cycle. I'm also gonna start on some casting as well.
I think you need to verify your scales. Maximum bullseye is 4 gr. So it should function. But I think your scale is off.

I think you need to verify your scales. Maximum bullseye is 4 gr. So it should function. But I think your scale is off.
According to Alliants website, 5.1 is max. I use an rcbs 505 beam scale, no way it's off. I always make sure it is zeroed. Also, the ammo is for sure underpowered as my cases are dirty. Blowback from the brass not expanding to seal the chamber. Happened in both my 17L and Sub 2k.
17L is a long slide. Before I pulled those I would try a lighter recoil spring.
It cycled fine with cheap steel case 115 grain ammo. Not changing spring just to cycle underpowered ammo. I was trying to be frugal and get away with loading the bear minimum. Works for revolvers and bolt actions, not so much semi autos.

I would cut 4 coils off the stock spring….that used to be the almost standard practice for Glocks. You can order a new one as a spare. They are cheap.

Back
Top Bottom