• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flashlight

SlowMotion

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
7   0
Reaction score
I have a CREE hand held green light. got off ebay uses rechargeable batteries.Havent really found a headlamp I liked.

ive always used a headlamp in the dark and kept a bigger mag light led in my bag if i have to track after dark. i have been thinking of trying another small rechargable flashlight like the one you linked with the prices getting alot better on them. i would want something rechargeable i could just plug up in the truck though, not have to remove and put the batteries on a standalone charger though.

found with all my expensive small lights, surefire and the like, i always lost them lol.

Get the Browning Hellcat. It is led and has green, low, and high beam. It uses cr123 batteries, or rechargeable. I have used a lot of lights over the years, and this is the best I have had. I bought one and liked it so much that I bought three more. They were $100 at Cabelas last year, but went on sale for 40. You may find them on ebay.

Streamlight Stinger. Rechargeable, waterproof, bright as the face of the sun, battery last 8 hours on low and you can through it against a tree and still find it cuz it didn't turn off. They aren't cheap but I've used mine for 6+ years now. Work and play, won't buy anything else

Yes. Streamlight check out the hpl also. No red or green but bright as mess and rechargeable. I used to use my phone or bare minimal light until everyone around our house started seeing this big black cat. He wont sneak up on me now with that hpl

Streamlight Stinger. Rechargeable, waterproof, bright as the face of the sun, battery last 8 hours on low and you can through it against a tree and still find it cuz it didn't turn off. They aren't cheap but I've used mine for 6+ years now. Work and play, won't buy anything else
I use a Husky (Home Depot) headlamp for walking in/out. It has a High/low/SOS setting. Nothing fancy and doesn’t break the bank. I keep one in my atv, truck and pack. I’m never without one.
I carry one of the older Streamlight Stinger lights (non LED) for blood trailing.
I bought it for $25 at a yard sale. Blood seems to be a lot easier for me to spot when I’m not using an LED light. I also keep the Flashlight from my Milwaukee 18V Litium ion set handy for blood trails. It’ll last all darn night on a charge and will really light the woods up.
I’d get a separate light for hog hunting if it were me. That way you don’t burn your battery up on blood trails and follow ups.

Back
Top Bottom