Flea repellent for fido? What do you use that actually works?

I really want to stay away from feeding my dog pesticides if at all possible. Not knocking those that do its just my preference.
If I cannot find something that works then pesticides are the only answer.

If you dont want to feed them pesticides, look into treating their water with apple cider vinigar. there is a ratio of vinigar to water that doesnt make them not want to drink the water, but enough to keep the fleas off of them

-Carlo

I do the garlic too but for starters is by body weight and second thing is that it has to build in their system, for 2-3 weeks you will not see results.

Meds Trifexis....best I've seen
Natural....FOOD GRADE Diamatacious earth....sprinkle heaping teaspoon over their food for internal parasites, and dust down their fur.....if they shake some off inside on the carpet don't worry, it will kill fleas and klarvae in your carpet, won't stain your carpet and is pet and kid safe MUST BE FOOD GRADE TO BE SAFE, the stuff you put in your pool IS NOT SAFE to breathe or consume..google it and read up on it. Powder bedding site as well
Also a solution of 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water in s spray bottle ..spray light mist over you pet, esp. feet legs and chest and stomach...to keep fleas from jumping on pet..if they get on they get right back off...don't worry about the vinegar smell once you put it on the smells goes away in seconds..you can't smell but the fleas can. When I walk my dog thru the neighborhood, I spray my own feet and lower legs as well as hers.
Also a solution of 50/50 lemon juice and water kills fleas....the lemon oil does it...some say use only fresh squeezed but I find the 100% pure lemon juice in the bottle from the grocery works just as well..it is the lemon oil that kills the fleas and their larvae..I use it in the carpets in my autos if I get fleas there..summertime , the grass has fleas and you bring them in your house and car on your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom