• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flip to side optics

Weaver made FTS scope bases with hinged rings years ago, that were relatively common and effective. Using on longer steel tube scopes was prob one of the details that allowed it to work well compared to trying to reboot that for today.
I’ve wanted to experiment with this system.

I just don't understand how you couldn't have a standard QD mount, that win released would flip to the side, or even possibly index at a second point canted for those interested. I've never liked canted irons or red dots. I generally prefer a full cowitness for a red dot and irons, but on some firearm platforms such as HK, it's not possible, and even if it was their full shrouded site takes up too much real estate through an optic. So you're only option is to mount your optic up high on a claw mount that clears your irons if you want to preserve them. This is not so bad on a rifle with the correct cheek weld, but on a PDW that extra height is obnoxious. I guess the real option would be an optic with an etched reticle

I just don't understand how you couldn't have a standard QD mount, that win released would flip to the side, or even possibly index at a second point canted for those interested. I've never liked canted irons or red dots. I generally prefer a full cowitness for a red dot and irons, but on some firearm platforms such as HK, it's not possible, and even if it was their full shrouded site takes up too much real estate through an optic. So you're only option is to mount your optic up high on a claw mount that clears your irons if you want to preserve them. This is not so bad on a rifle with the correct cheek weld, but on a PDW that extra height is obnoxious. I guess the real option would be an optic with an etched reticle
Because you want the rock ****in solid. No movement, no accidentally flipping to the side, be able to withstand impacts.

It could be done, but tolerances would be extremely tight, there would still be a mechanical lock, and it would be ridiculously expensive.

Or, if your RDS truly goes down, just pull it off.

It's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist in the practical world

Back
Top Bottom