Florida Statutes 790.29

The scary part is that technically this law doesn't make exemptions for companies like blackwater.

Also the really scary bit .... right here

Whoever teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, destructive device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that the same will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder within the United States, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s.

where it says "a technique" could be drawing a diagram drawn of a trebuchet on a napkin for someone or ANY MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING!!!!

Also "making of any firearm" could be assembling an AR15 lower receiver.

This is what I was thinking too. If I were to teach my kids how to shoot using the fundamentals of marksmanship I learned in the military, the state could prosecute me under this statute if they wanted too....

This is what I was thinking too. If I were to teach my kids how to shoot using the fundamentals of marksmanship I learned in the military, the state could prosecute me under this statute if they wanted too....

No it couldn't...unless it could prove that you were teaching your children these skills knowing they would put them to unlawful use. As has already been said, intent is all important in criminal proceedings. If your intent is sporting, recreational, or self defense, you are clear.

Read the law again. It specifically excludes training for self defense, competition, sporting, hunting, and training for overseas jobs (PMCs).

The FL Stand your ground law seems just as plain and clear... however, George Zimmerman is being tried.

The purpose of a trial is to punish the guilty and exonerate the innocent. You can be charged with anything but you still have to be convicted by a jury of your peers.

FL 776.012 is not quite as clear. I don't think Zimmerman did anything illegal but the prosecution could take the stance he provoked the action. I don't think that will get very far and I would not be shocked to see a dismissal.

Back
Top Bottom