• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules for long gun purchase by Florida resident

chindog

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
After moving to Florida a while back, we now have purchased a home in Georgia. However, we will still spend winters in Florida, and will continue to be Florida residents, but will spend 5 1/2 months each year at our Georgia home. I know that if I purchase a handgun in Georgia, it would have to be sent to a Florida FFL. But I am curious about what the rules and current practice are for purchase of rifles and shotguns. If I go to a Georgia gun store, will I be able to purchase long gun? If I find something on ODT, will a private sale of a long gun from a Georgia resident run into problems?

Just put you on ignore for safety reasons

j/k I actually don’t know—— subed to hear answers

If you go to a GA gun store or any FFL you can buy a long gun. No handguns. You cannot legally buy from an individual. If you want to buy a long gun from a GA resident you just have to take it to an FFL dealer to do the transfer.
Meaning the FFL has to take it on their books and sign it back out to the FL resident at that location or does the FFL need to send it to a FL FFL (for ****'s sake that's a lot of F's)?

I've been curious about that as well.

Meaning the FFL has to take it on their books and sign it back out to the FL resident at that location or does the FFL need to send it to a FL FFL (for ****'s sake that's a lot of F's)?

The FFL logs it on their books then transfers it to the Fl resident. No shipping required. As long as you can pass the NICS check then you can walk out with it.

I used to live in Florida and bought few long guns in Georgiagustore during that time with no issues.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom