Florida wants Casey Anthony to pay for her prosecution...

Sagan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/2...-140g-for-casey-anthony-case/?test=latestnews

Ok, I am of mixed feelings about this one. How can the state make you pay for them to prosecute you? I would understand if they had found her guilty, but I think this is a very slippery slope. I could agree for her to pay for the prosecution expenses related to the charges that stuck, but not the ones that didn't. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Yea I'm all about charging her for the things she was found guilty on. Now charging her for what she was found not guilty on, that is just crazy. I do not agree with that at all!

Let's say for example that Georgia accused me of murder. I have never committed murder. I am found innocent of Murder. Then I get a bill in the mail for $300,000.00 to pay for the Georgia Attorney's offices expenses. Why should a person who has been found innocent for a crime be "Punished" in any way?

If I happened to lie to the police as to my whereabouts on the night of the murder. If it cost them $1,500.00 to figure out that I was lying, then I should be made to reimburse the investigators for the $1,500.00 cost if they convict me for lying. That seems fair, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom