• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flux electric outboard

I use a smaller electric outboard sometimes. No oil or fuel is nice and with an extra battery I have plenty of range. I use mine on an 11.5 bass tender for ponds, but I still use a trolling motor while fishing. The one I have is a Torqueedo travel 1103. I think it’s 3 or 4 hp. Plenty of power as it will easily push a 20’ pontoon boat around. Cost is still high and if you need it worked on, shipping it out is the only option. You can let it sit forever and then grab it when you need it and it works like a champ, as long as you charge the batteries.

A fool and his money as business owner my whole life I loved those customers.

No doubt! Boats period are for the wealthy. I just have small river and pond vessels. The cost of maintenance, storage and fuel of large boats isn’t worth the money versus the time I’d have to use them. If one day I’m able to move on a saltwater canal or a large lake, I will definitely have a large boat bleeding me dry lol!

I remember in the early 2000's looking at rich people with camera phones and thinking man, I'll never be able to afford one of those. 5 years later a camera phone was cheaper than the big brick of a phone I had before and all the poors could afford one.

I'm better electric motors like this make that same leap in the next 5-7 years.

I remember in the early 2000's looking at rich people with camera phones and thinking man, I'll never be able to afford one of those. 5 years later a camera phone was cheaper than the big brick of a phone I had before and all the poors could afford one.

I'm better electric motors like this make that same leap in the next 5-7 years.
Gotta get better battery technology and faster charging before it hits mainstream.

AND the power generation and transmission issue... Need twice the copper we have mined since WWII, and double the power generation currently in use to power the "required" lectric vehicles twixt now and 2035.....

Back
Top Bottom