• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing School near Dahlonega-Helen Area in GA?

mugsy

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Later this month I will be taking the family up to a cabin not far from Dahlonega on the way toward Helen.
Lots of cool stuff to keep three kids busy but I was particularly hoping to get a half-day of fly fishing instruction before spending another day on our own beating the water and scaring fish.

Any recommendations on a good school or pro-shop that does this kind of thing in that area?

Thanks in advance.

Later this month I will be taking the family up to a cabin not far from Dahlonega on the way toward Helen.
Lots of cool stuff to keep three kids busy but I was particularly hoping to get a half-day of fly fishing instruction before spending another day on our own beating the water and scaring fish.

Any recommendations on a good school or pro-shop that does this kind of thing in that area?

Thanks in advance.

Head over to Blue Ridge and visit The Trout Pond http://thetroutpond.com/ . Howie (The Owner) might give you some basic lessons and the pond is a great place to practice, of course you want be in the river but you gotta learn the basics first and he probably won't charge as much as Unicoi if at all.. Call first and ask I don't if he does lessons but he might. If not it's still a great place to practice and If you've got kids you will be able to keep them easily entertained cause you know they'll be catching fish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom