• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FN SCAR sbr.....got one?

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
Anyone here run an SBR SCAR? Ive been thinking about registering mine, but wondered if anyone on here had one they bought a new barrel for or had it cut. Ive heard the gas adjustment needs to be modified to run properly if ya have it cut. Buying a new one is basically a drop in with gasblock/sight included as far as i know.

And also if anyone suppresses one......how does it run?

I don't have one but was shopping for one before the high price non ban of 2012.

Try high desert dog for their sbr'ing services though

One of my distributors' latest flyer lists factory replacement barrels, including 10" ones. I tried to order some but they wouldn't let me even backorder them. Still, I might hold off a hair longer on cutting the factory one.

Check out M4carbine, there's some guys on there with chopped ones.

I'd hate to cut the original and end up with issues. Would rather buy a 10". Im sure ill have to wait till all this nonsense is over to find one.

wish there was a way to get factory short barrels, but from what i've read they're not available to civi's.

A buddy of mine has a factory scar heavy with a factory sbr upper not available to civilians and it runs fine.

We are thinking about taking the full length upper and turning it into a 260 upper on a lower that takes 308 pmags.

A buddy of mine has a factory scar heavy with a factory sbr upper not available to civilians and it runs fine.

We are thinking about taking the full length upper and turning it into a 260 upper on a lower that takes 308 pmags.

sweet.

Do Pmags have to be modified on the 17 like they do on the 16? Has he ran it suppressed?

sweet.

Do Pmags have to be modified on the 17 like they do on the 16? Has he ran it suppressed?

Complete different lower to take pmags.

Not positive if he's tan it suppressed yet but I'm sure he is going to.

The whole rifle came from an actual seal team six member, who was handed the SBR upper from a fn rep one day when they were talking about the 17's. The rep held it out and said "here you need one of these" and dropped it in his lap. Then he traded it to a SOT buddy, and then it got sold to the guy who has it now, and he form 1'd the upper and slapped it on the factory lower.

The factory long upper I'd going on a non factory lower that accepts 308 pmags

Back
Top Bottom