• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registering AR Pistol With A Brace As SBR

There are a few of them around here, but they have been pretty quiet since the pistol brace rule was overturned.
Not overturned. There has been a Nationwide preliminary injunction against enforcing the rule.
No final status as of yet. It has been appealed by ATF obviously. For now they are ok. No idea how this will turn out.

I did, already in the NFA game so it was no skin off my back and shafted Uncle Sam for a butt load of money so double win
I registered mine too. I was apprehensive at first about doing it, but ignorance of the law doesn’t make it legal. I am a 100% law abiding gun owner and will comply with the law. 😊

There's a nationwide injunction currently that means the ATF can't enforce the ruling until and unless they win in court.

My guess is the ruling will be struck down.

I also believe the ATF will claim the registry during the amnesty period only covers braced pistols, and if you want to put a stock on that pistol you'll have to go ahead and pay the $200.

That's just a wild guess though.

There's a nationwide injunction currently that means the ATF can't enforce the ruling until and unless they win in court.

My guess is the ruling will be struck down.

I also believe the ATF will claim the registry during the amnesty period only covers braced pistols, and if you want to put a stock on that pistol you'll have to go ahead and pay the $200.

That's just a wild guess though.

Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom